Fine silver fat moon ring is a simple and elegant silver band. Round and fat both in and out. Feels nice to the touch and is comfortable to wear.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE
This ring is identical to Fat Moon ring .925 Weighs a nice .49 Oz or 14. gm. The Fat Moon Ring is 7. mm wide (from outer edge to edge) and 4. mm thick. Available in limited sizes (choose from menu above). Accept special size orders Available in silver .925 as well, look for post. For more information on ring sizes:
For ring sizing information click here
Also available in Sterling Silver .925
This ring has a fine special balance and design. Not too perfect like a computer made design, and not too rustic. The lines are just right, adding personality and character. The eye only perceive beauty and a feel of movement. The inside is round and fat so it feels comfortable on your finger. This ring is for those who like to feel a substantial hunk of silver on their hand.
The shape and format of simple silver bands can have many flavors. Small details lead to a world of differences. Every different band fits a distinct personality. This one has a lot. This band was sculpted with a wax carving knife and entirely by eye and feel and not produced by a computer program or CAD. It is not perfect but the imperfections are what make this ring so special.
I love to explore making new ring shapes. I like this ring because it is just a ring. But in its simplicity there is a lot of wisdom and beauty. I didn't spare any silver, and the ring is a fat hunk of silver. This ring is as solid as solid can be. Giving you a nice satisfying weight and feel. I hope you enjoy wearing it as much as enjoyed making it! A word about silver and fine silver.
There is nothing quite like fine silver. The looks and the feel are incomparable to other types of silver. Working with this silver is extraordinary because is so expressive and the nuances of your work are easily molded in the metal. Yes it is soft metal but remember, it's still a metal. With years of wearing, the marks of time will be left and its all part of the experience of using fine silver.
FINE SILVER EXPLAINED
1) .925 sterling silver is made up of 92.5% pure silver and 7.5% copper or other ingredients.
2) .999 fine silver is made up of 99.9% pure silver and less than .1% copper or other ingredients
3) .999 silver does not contain significant amounts of nickel or copper – two of the most popular skin irritants in jewelry. Some forms of sterling silver contain both nickel and copper at high levels and many people are allergic to these.
4) .999 tarnishes much slower. While all silver will eventually tarnish, sterling silver tarnishes quicker because it commonly contains 7.5% copper while .999 fine silver contains less than .1% copper. Copper is one of the primary causes of tarnish.
Think of .999 fine silver as cashmere and .925 sterling silver as fine wool. Both are nice and soft but cashmere just feels a little bit better to wear.
5) .999 silver jewelry is rare. It’s not economical to make .999 jewelry. Jewelers started using .925 sterling silver because a piece can be made thinner than if it was made from .999. The thinner the piece, the less silver it has and that means more profit for the jeweler.
- FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE
- some restrictions may apply see shipping policy
- Ship within 2 - 3 days