This Fine silver band has a fine brushed texture on the outside and a high polish finish on the inside. This is ring was made with the with fine silver .999.
I first melted this high grade silver into an ingot. Then hammered and filed to its final shape. All made by hand the old fashion way. I applied a fine grain to the outside giving it a mild mat finishing and a texture. This is a ring for all occasions and daily use. This is a one of a kind ring and there is no other exactly the same.
The inside is rounded and smooth making it a comfortable ring to wear.
- Size 7
- weigh 5.4 grams | 0.190 Oz.
- wide 5 mm
- thickness 1.5 mm
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE
A word about silver and fine silver. There is nothing quite like fine silver. The looks and the feel are incomparable to Sterling Silver. Working with this silver is nice experience because is so expressive and the nuances of your work are molded in the metal. Yes it is soft metal but remember, it's still a metal. With years of wearing, the marks of time will be noted and are part of the fine silver experience.
FINE SILVER EXPLAINED
1) .925 sterling silver is made up of 92.5% pure silver and 7.5% copper or other ingredients.
2) .999 fine silver is made up of 99.9% pure silver and less than .1% copper or other ingredients
3) .999 silver does not contain significant amounts of nickel or copper – two of the most popular skin irritants in jewelry. Some forms of sterling silver contain both nickel and copper at high levels and many people are allergic to these.
4) .999 tarnishes much slower. While all silver will eventually tarnish, sterling silver tarnishes quicker because it commonly contains 7.5% copper while .999 fine silver contains less than .1% copper. Copper is one of the primary causes of tarnish.
Think of .999 fine silver as cashmere and .925 sterling silver as fine wool. Both are nice and soft but cashmere just feels a little bit better to wear.
5) .999 silver jewelry is rare. It’s not economical to make .999 jewelry. Jewelers started using .925 sterling silver because a piece can be made thinner than if it was made from .999. The thinner the piece, the less silver it has and that means more profit for the jeweler.
- FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE
- some restrictions may apply see shipping policy
- Ship within 2 - 3 days